Monday, June 2, 2014

Behold the Mighty Fortress!

I have decided to return to my love of all things Warhammer 40k, but not the shiny new 7th edition. I have dug up my old Rogue Trader era rule book and re-discovered my complete 2nd edition WH40K. In addition, I found my old Mighty Fortress.

I have had this beauty since 1988, and it got a lot of use in the months leading up to my entry into Marine Corps boot camp in September of 88. We used it quite a bit for WHFB, but I really loved using it as a city wall for WH40K battles. My favorite game from those days was a siege where a mixed force of fantasy orks and 40k orks sought to dislodge a squad of space marines from the castle. I think we played that last scenario multiple times.

I am now in the middle of painting some modern space marines as Prey-Heresy World Eaters - as I hope to introduce my kids to the love of 40k in the near future. I don't plan on sticking to any canon for this adventure, just a bunch of space marines fighting it out in my basement (along with some old orks and eldar). I will post more of my progress with the minis as I get more done.

But for now, enjoy the beauty of the Mighty Fortress!





2 comments:

  1. Nice find - I'm looking forward to my first Fantasy Siege game at the Oldhammer weekend in August.

    Always loved those pics of Eldar Dreadnoughts assaulting an Ork castle in the RT section of the Siege book though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love those pics too. I wish I still had those old Eldar war walkers...

    ReplyDelete