Thursday, August 19, 2021

Shadow War 30K

 I found the Shadow Wars in the Age of Darkness group on FB a few months ago and fell in love with the idea of using Shadow War Armageddon for some Horus Heresy era skirmishing. Using my favorite edition (2nd) of 40K close combat (also found in original Necromunda). So I took the pdf and edited it for my own use and had a couple of copies printed. 



For anyone interested in the rules, you can find them here.

Next I started painting out starting teams for the legions...





Then invited a lifelong friend over for some gaming!







We have had a bit of a break since covid hit last year, but hopefully soon we can pick up the action. I took the Space Wolves vs. his choice of Death Guard. We have played 3 games so far and I am looking forward to more (and hopefully more regular posts in the near future - but we know how that goes).


2 comments:

  1. First, lovely stuff. It looks like great fun was had by all, and that is the goal.

    Second, a question: Are your walls a commercial kit? They look familiar, but I can't quite place them.

    Again, lovely stuff all around. And thank you for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the MDF walls from Death Ray Designs. "Deadbolt's Derelict". https://deathraydesigns.com/product-category/terrain/scifi/

      Delete